We are hiring! Join the Vineyard Preservation Trust team. Open positions:
Director of Facilities
The Director of Facilities oversees the preservation, maintenance, and capital improvements of buildings and landscapes of the Vineyard Preservation Trust (VPT). The Facilities Director is a year-round position.
Self-motivated and collaborative with a broad knowledge of historic property care standards, the Director of Facilities supervises maintenance staff, landscape and carpentry subcontractors, architects, engineers, and other Trust operations. This position is suited for a person who understands the multifaceted demands and requirements of construction and preventative maintenance and is flexible in managing various projects. Works under the direction and approval of the Executive Director.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop a Preservation Master Plan for VPT’s portfolio of properties, prioritizing short, medium, and long term
- Design and prioritize annual maintenance, landscape, and Capital Project plans and budgets.
- Serves as the direct manager of the maintenance team, subcontractors, inspections, and Capital Project’s General Contractors
- Regularly surveys properties to ensure a full understanding of property needs and issues; documents existing conditions and resolves preservation issues.
- Utilize and maintains a list of maintenance needs for assigned properties in the WorkX Hub
- Coordinates the bidding process, selects contractors, and assures contractor compliance and quality control.
- Organizes subcontractors and inspections and manages scheduling, submission and tracking of historic and local permits.
- Works with Executive Director to develop grant proposals for buildings and funding requests as assigned
- Serve as a project manager for Capital Projects.
The Director of Facilities possesses the following qualifications and characteristics:
- Construction Supervisors License (CSL) is optimal but not required
- Previous experience executing historic and/or large residential and commercial construction projects
- Maintains relevant knowledge of building codes and scope of work
- High proficiency in technology (computers, text, Facilities management software) – Google Drive, Microsoft Word, Excel, Editing PDF documents etc.
- Experience leading owner/contractor progress meetings, processing submittals, drafting field observation reports, and related construction duties
- Positive relationships with a wide range of building subcontractors
- Strong, positive relationships with Town inspectors and inspection companies
- Detailed-oriented, strong organization, oral and written communication skills with demonstrated skills and experience to represent the interest of the Vineyard Preservation Trust
- Residency on Martha’s Vineyard
- Salary to match Competitive qualifications
- Job Type:
- Full-time, Located at the Daniel Fisher House, 99 Main Street, Edgartown
- Virtual office is acceptable
- Health Insurance, Vineyard Preservation Trust will pay 80% of the premium the employees will be responsible for 20% of the premium
- 125 Health Savings Plan
- 403b Retirement plan after the 1st full year of employment, plus company match
- 40 hours flexible work schedule
- Available for coverage for emergencies situations
Serious candidates should submit a resume and a cover letter to include compensation history and/or expectations. Please contact email@example.com with the Director of Facilities in the subject line.
Find more information about the Vineyard Preservation Trust at https://vineyardtrust.org