We are hiring! Join the Vineyard Preservation Trust team. Open positions:
- Office Coordinator
- Greeter: The Carnegie Heritage Center
- Seasonal Tour Educator
Vineyard Preservation Trust seeks an organized, solutions-oriented Office Coordinator for confidential executive and administrative support services, reporting directly to the Executive Director.
The ideal candidate will be a passionate senior-level professional who is exceptionally organized, collaborative, accountable, highly proficient with technology, and can deliver excellent customer service. Experience at a small business, construction company, nonprofit, or as an entrepreneur who has managed a varied workload with minimal supervision is a plus.
This position entails multiple responsibilities, actively participating in all Vineyard Preservation Trusts’ business aspects, including Events, Fundraising, Marketing, Building Management, and Permit and Grant support. Successful candidates can manage multiple tasks, take the initiative, have strong organization, planning, and time management skills, are flexible, and adapt to change. The candidate should excel in working independently. The position has growth opportunities in events, programs, and facilities management.
The position requires high proficiency in technology, Microsoft Word and Excel, Google Docs, and email, and strong written and verbal communication skills. Knowledge of web-based productivity and graphic design tools is a plus. The Administrative Coordinator is the main point of contact with a diverse population of clients, the Board of Trustees, Town Departments, tenants, visitors, and staff.
Recommended Minimum Qualifications: Associate’s degree; five years prior successful work experience.
- Target salary $55,000
- Job Type: Full-time, Located at the Daniel Fisher House, 99 Main Street, Edgartown
- Health Insurance
- 403b Retirement plan after the 1st full year of employment, plus company match
- 40 hours week
- Overtime or weekend availability will be required from time to time. Compensatory time is provided with approval.
Our employment process will request references and background check. Please send a resume and brief cover letter to Nevette Previd, email@example.com
- Primary contact for the organization’s front office, including answering the telephones, greeting visitors, providing, collecting, and disseminating general information as required
- Support Facilities Manager on subcontractor scheduling, Permits (Historic, Building inspector, other, inspections Board of Health, Zoning Board of Appeals, Fire and Police Departments
- General support for the Executive Director and Events team as needed
- Support Facilities Manager and Executive Director with scheduling, communication for property maintenance, tenants
- Keep current daily maintenance requests for all properties on the facilities management system WorkX.
- Coordinate with The Flying Horses and The Carnegie Managers on maintenance requests.
- Apply for permits and licenses –Town Select Boards, State/Local Historic District Commission, Building Inspector, Board of Health, Zoning Board of Appeals, Fire and Police Departments.
- Keep current the preferred vendor and subcontractor lists with insurance, workers comp, etc.
- Support Facilities Manager and Executive Director
- Annual inspections of the Building Inspector, Board of Health, Amusement, Fire, and Police Departments
- Organize subcontractor quotes and contracts in Google Drive.
- Opening and closing of The Flying Horses via inspections and permits
- Properties Landscape schedule
- Documenting Capital Project history
- Coordinate between tenants and the Facilities Manager on maintenance needs. Document and maintain tenant inquiries.
- Communicate on weather alerts, maintenance upgrades/needs, landscaping
- Coordinate Parking lot tenants’ annual lease renewals and tenant leases
- Manage security of buildings, including locks, key distribution, key box and parking lot controls
- Manage record keeping and filing of original line drawings, photo archives, property information, assorted historical objects, and documents.
- Coordinate IT support from the outside contractor(s) for internet, computers, printers, apps, security, productivity tools, staff email accounts, and staff workstations.
- Website administration for organizational URLs, including billing, hosting and domain renewals
- Manage contracts and equipment for cell phones, office phones, and office equipment.
- Manage updates and supplies of all Vineyard Trust branded collateral (including stationery, envelopes, brochures, etc.)
- Manage inventory, ordering, and stocking of all office and kitchen supplies.
- Annually coordinate Trustees & Governance Board documents.
- Organize annual board book (design, print and mail)
- Assist Executive Director in preparation for monthly board and executive committee meetings, including agendas, attendance, reports, technology/zoom and coffee set-up.
- Take and prepare meeting minutes for Board Meetings for approval of the Executive Director.
- Support Board Chair’s requests for setting up additional meetings
- Support staff at Fundraising events and Taste of the Vineyard
- Provide admin support before, during and after each event, include managing phone inquiries, ticketing assistance, and software updates.
- Serve as a greeter for The Carnegie Heritage Center
- Create digital ‘binders’ for all properties with building details, with a focus on preservation and annual/long-term maintenance needs, building details, with a focus on essential documents, as-built plans, Macris, deeds, and overview of preservation and annual/long-term maintenance needs.
- Assist with applications for annual grants.
- Partake in historic preservation research, compliance accountability
Greeter: The Carnegie Heritage Center
The Vineyard Preservation Trust is looking for a welcoming, energetic person who is eager to share the history of VPT by assisting at The Carnegie Heritage Center. You will work closely with the Carnegie Program & Manager to greet visitors as they enter, check in visitors going on tours, assist with different programs and events, and perform general administrative tasks, among other tasks as assigned.
A successful member of the team has a positive attitude and works well with a team as well as independently. Must be able to work nights and weekends as assigned. Must have reliable transportation; housing is not provided. Experience in a gallery/museum/customer service environment is preferred but not required. Please send a resume and brief cover letter to Rachel Hines Alvarado, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Seasonal Tour Educator
The Vineyard Preservation Trust seeks a dynamic, energetic person eager to educate visitors about Martha’s Vineyard and the Vineyard Preservation Trust.
- Conducting daily walking tours
- Helping to promote walking tours through MV
- Be available May through September
- Flexible schedule
- Willing to work nights and weekends
- Ability to walk and talk for at least 60 minutes through Downtown Edgartown
- Knowledge of Martha’s Vineyard history
- Willingness to learn more about the MV and VPT