Now Hiring! Vineyard Preservation Trust Facilities Manager
The Facilities Manager oversees the preservation, maintenance, beautification, and improvement of Vineyard Preservation Trust (VPT) properties. This year-round position requires a self-motivated individual with 5+ years of experience in the Martha’s Vineyard building trades and/or property management and a willingness to learn historic property care standards.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Daily Management (60%)
- Work with the Executive Director and Event Team to design and prioritize building maintenance, landscape, tenant requests, event setup
- Manage maintenance team
- Coordinate the bidding process, select contractors, and ensure contractor compliance and quality.
- Manage subcontractors (Electrician, Plumber, Masonry, Paint, Carpentry, etc.)
- Regularly survey properties to ensure compliance and quality control
- Oversee annual inspections, permits
- Oversee the opening/closing of seasonal properties
Planning & Systems Management (30%)
- Plan, manage and direct emergency preparedness and response plans, including fire, accessibility, and security for VPT buildings.
- Plan and manage beautification for eight event rental properties.
- Plan care and replacement for mechanical and electrical systems.
- Collaborate with the Executive Director to prepare and manage the annual operating budget.
- Grow and manage subcontractors and vendor contacts.
- Stay informed of historic preservation developments and regulations.
Preservation Plan (10%)
- Work with the Executive Director to improve the rolling 5-year preventive maintenance program.
- Work with the Executive Director and consultant to develop a Preservation Master Plan for VPT’s property portfolio.
Qualifications and Characteristics
- Positive relationships with subcontractors and Town inspectors.
- Attention to detail.
- Proficiency in technology and project management tools and software.
- Problem-solving ability in a changing environment.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with diverse groups.
- General carpentry, electrical, and plumbing knowledge.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Experience in historic and/or large construction projects.
- General knowledge and skill in light and fine carpentry are a plus.
- A construction Supervisor’s License (CSL) is a plus.
- Ability to work independently.
- Residency on Martha’s Vineyard is preferred.
- Salaried Position: Competitive salary based on qualifications.
- Job Type: Full-time
- Office available at the Vineyard Preservation Trust, 99 Main Street
- Health Insurance (VPT pays 80% of the premium).
- 125 Health Savings Plan.
- 403b Retirement plan (after 1st full year of employment, plus company match).
- Forty hours with a flexible work schedule.
- Available for emergency coverage.
Serious candidates should submit a resume and cover letter with compensation history and/or expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org, using “Director of Facilities” in the subject line.
Learn more about the Vineyard Preservation Trust at https://vineyardtrust.org.