Tours at The Carnegie
Join us on an insider’s tour of Edgartown as told through the lens of Vineyard Preservation Trust’s historic landmarks and other fascinating sites along the Edgartown Harbor.
Historic Walking Tours
The Carnegie Heritage Center’s Historic Tour is a 60-minute guided walking tour of Edgartown. Start your time at The Carnegie with the dynamic “Living Landmark’ exhibit, reading library, and heritage shop. Take to the streets, winding through the harbor and Main Streets to learn about the Island’s rich maritime history– from the nineteenth century to the present. Go inside six Vineyard Preservation Trust historic landmarks, and see other important sites along Edgartown Harbor, ending at the Daniel Fisher House.
The Carnegie Heritage Center is open Tuesday-Saturday 10am-4pm, Thursdays 10am-7pm, Sundays 12pm-3pm and Mondays 10am-3pm. There are no tours available on Sundays & Mondays.
- Tour time: 11:00 am
- Daily: Tu-Sat (June-September)
- Seasonally: Thurs-Sat (November-May)
- Start Location: The Carnegie, 58 North Water Street, Edgartown
- Duration: 60 Minutes (walking)
- Rain or Shine
- Maximum Guests: 12
- Parking: Side streets
- Tickets: $25 Adult, $10 Youth (6-17), Under 6 Free
- Exclusive access to seven VPT historic landmarks in downtown Edgartown showcasing the island’s charming and classical architecture.
- Discover the legends and lore of Martha’s Vineyard’s first settlers and the Wampanoag people who shaped the island’s heritage and traditions.
- Learn about America’s famous Whaling Captains, entrepreneurs, and the creative people who shaped our nation and its cultural history.
Featured Properties: Vincent House of 1672, the resplendent Dr. Daniel Fisher House & Gardens, the masterful Old Whaling Church, Old Sculpin Gallery, Norton Boat House, Edgartown Harbor, and The Carnegie.
Limited space available, reservations are highly recommended.
Questions / Private Tours contact: email@example.com